Legal follow up of all levels for issues related to import and export:
The Palestinian Shippers' Council offers legal follow-ups for traders, in front of the Israeli government institutions, courts or even Israeli companies in regards to import or export. These services are provided through specialized and experienced law firms, including the following services:
- Confiscation of imported goods due to various reasons such as the breach of trademark rights or counterfeiting.
- Delays in releasing goods without legal justification, and pursue compensation for losses resulting from such delays.
- Damage to goods during transportation, especially from the ports to the West Bank, and pursue compensation for damages and delays to goods.
- Import and export licenses.
- Permits to the entry of specific goods to the Palestinian territories.
- Conduct Bet El procedures.
- Problems associated with the Israel Institute of Standards (Hateken) such as unjustified charges, or impose unreasonable tests.
- Lawsuits on Israeli companies that break their obligations towards Palestinian merchants, such as the delay or non-conformity or lack of goods, or damaged goods.
- Lawsuits against government institutions or Israeli ports or border crossings.
- Registration of trademarks.
- Restrictions on distributing goods in Jerusalem and Israel.